Saturday, March 26, 2005

Chattavegas and the Guvnah

Tonight the bball band and I find ourselves in Chattanooga ("America's Dairyland"). This is a different group than the Texas bunch, with the exception of two or three who were kind enough to pull double duty to help out their fellow band members. Awww. This hotel is pretty great. It's actually got food around it and what not, and has the most comfortable beds of any hotel chain I have ever experienced. The last Sherat0n in which I stayed was the site of the Great Naked Sleepwalking Incident of Brotherly Love. I am double-locking my doors and have left a pair of boxers outside my door just in case.

Kudos to the Panthers of UWM and their fearless leader for one hell of a run in the NCAA Tournament. Proud of ya.

The bus on which we travelled to this fair (which is a IV) city had sattelite television on board. With the exception of the time spent watching The Incredibles, we did not miss a minute of Men's March Madness. This is fine and good, but it sure is a shame that students are no longer forced to dream up silly games or songs to fill their time. Bummer.

My colleagues and I will have the privilege of meeting the governor this coming Tuesday. We will be presenting him with a copy of the print commemorating the band's 100th season , and he will declare a day to be determined (hopefully soon) "Redc0at Band Day." I’m looking forward to that.

Russ, I thought your birthday was today (Friday). Ellen can tell you why. So happy birthday and good job getting squeezed out and all.

Charles, thanks for what you wrote. That’s pretty cool, and confirms for me exactly why I did stick around all these years.

1 comment:

Russell said...

Thanks!!!

It was just a matter of time before TV made it's way onto the bus. What a shame.