Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Crossfade

Pensive. I've been pensive lately... er, most of my life.

I have the John Williams arrangement of Tara on iTunes at home. I've been listening to it a lot lately knowing I'm leaving Athens, and I frequently imagine conducting it as an encore at my last concert at UGA. It probably won't happen, but I have a vivid imagination.

At any rate (tribute to my dad's "anyway" saying), I also have my crossfade setting on iTunes set to quickly play the next selection. So I will play Tara and get into that, and imagine this great ending and then... "The Authority Song" starts.

I love that. It's like you've imagined this huge ending to this huge chapter in your life, and in no time flat the next chapter begins... and what better way than with "The Authority Song?"

No comments: