Friday, March 04, 2005

Trina's right

Well, in one respect, and most certainly not in another.

This day started off as "Most Crappiestest Day Ever" Day. Trina and Gunner gave me a headache last night which I felt this morning. I had to get up at 8 to do my thing (which I know isn't early to most of you, but it is to me... stick it in your junk drawer). I packed and continuously found myself forgetting something.

I finally got to school and had to return home for something I forgot, which begat Trina's adventure with me. Without per diem, we returned to the school so I could handle things with the bus and Trey could return to the bank to get the per diem. I was shocked to return to the school to no bus at all. Paper work foul-ups on someone else's part (not at the school) resulted in the bus being an hour late.

As the cheerleaders are riding with us on this trip, we had to first drop them off at the team hotel. The band has been pretty cool about the fact that the cheerleaders are staying at the Hyatt and we are at... well, the Comfort Inn. Nevertheless, the traffic in Greenville was just as stupid as it was in Athens, which made for lots of fun.

When we arrived at our hotel, it looked like your standard Comfort Inn, except a little more crappierer. But it was clean so it was fine... until many of us began walking to the dining establishments which were said to have been close by. Note that phrase if you click the link. This is what we in the business call bullshit. So many went hungry.

Game was great. Hopefully tomorrow's little spat with LSU will yield a better result than our last two meetings with them.

There was a nice moment or two though. After the game, we returned to the hotel and then driver Buck took about 20 of the members down the road a couple of miles to enjoy a nice sandwich from the Sonic or Wendy's. Sitting with several very cool students, I was somehow cause to make the following statement: "You know, there's a reason they don't put gunpowder in ice cream." While I suppose there is, WTF?

As the six of us crossed the street to meet the rest of the group at Wendy's I was kinda "aww"ed when I saw that the 14 members and driver Buck had pulled tables together and were enjoying their meal thanksgiving style. Robin will have pics of this soon.

What was even cooler was that when they were leaving, they put every one of those tables back where they found them, and the place was spotless. My how things have changed.

2 comments:

Gunner said...

MMMM Sonic!! Chili-cheese-Eggs wrapped in French-toast-with-maple-boysenberry-syrup...the breakfast of Champions!! Where's the hot sauce??

Gunner said...

MMMM Sonic!! Chili-cheese-Eggs wrapped in French-toast-with-maple-boysenberry-syrup...the breakfast of Champions!! Where's the hot sauce??